Get FREE banner advertising on FindItOnline.co.nz
Applies to all work completed before the end of September
FindItOnline.co.nz is New Zealand's hardest working and easiest to use web directory.
All work completed during September over the value of $400 will get you FREE banner advertising on FindItOnline.co.nz equal to the value of the work completed
This offer also includes:
- design of one basic banner advert up to a value of $60 for free,
- one 'Silver' listing on FindItOnline worth $365 per year, for free.
More info: Anyware 2 for 1 Sale!
|Look after your domain name
Look after your domain name, and it'll look after you. Your domain name is your brand, your address and can be your biggest asset.
At Anyware we see a few email domain scams, these are the most common forms:
- a company contacts you, offering to renew your domain names, and charging you a fee for this. They are effectively poaching business from the existing holder of the domain name
- a company contacts you to register different permutations of your domain name. While it is good to have the most related domain names, the problem is that you can't possibly register all the domains that might be similar to your own.
- If a company says it can register a domain for 50 years, for example, what they mean is that they'll take your money now and they'll renew it for you every few years when the official registration period expires (if they're still around, that is).
Top tips for protecting your domain name
- stick with your existing web site hosts or website design team
- make a note of when your domain names are due for renewal and be suspicious of invoices arriving too early.
- expect to renew your domain name every 1-5 years
- always apply common sense when reading mail from people you don't know
If you don't renew a domain name, somebody else can snap it up. You'll not only lose all the traffic you've built up, but your credibility could take a serious hit if your customers go to what they assume is still your website to find disturbing content there
read more ...
|Sales Tip of the Month...
Winning by saying no...
Sometimes saying 'no' is the best thing you can do in business. Whether it is saying no to business that will not make you money, or an unreasonable pay request from staff it is sometimes the best answer you can give. When delivering a 'no' don't beat around the bush say it right up front - this stops misunderstandings.
Steve Hockley is a Red Hot business coach who can help you make a good
business great. You can contact Steve on 04 894 7111 or online at http://www.redhot.co.nz