The Merchants Guide to Email Etiquette - Quick Reference
By Phil Donaldson, owner of www.anyware.co.nz.
For detailed explanations for this quick reference, read the article:
- Write like you would in a printed letter
- Say please and thank you
- Never reply when angry
- NEVER SHOUT
- Personalise - call the recipient by name
- Avoid profanity
Reply with Context
- Use a relevant subject line
- Check spelling and grammar
- Be concise
- Don't leave questions unanswered
- Beware of abbreviations
- Use the reply button
- Quote the Previous Email
- Reply above quoted text
- Reply fast to impress
An Ounce of Prevention
- Refer to your web site often
- Use a signature
- Read it twice before sending
- Keep it safe - don't email private information
- Avoid fancy stationery
- Scan for viruses
As you can see, there are a lot of things that affect your chances of making a sale.
Which ones do you need to improve on?
About the Author
Since 1998, Phil Donaldson has helped hundreds of business owners understand, in plain English, how their web sites can help their businesses grow, and find the simplest solutions to do it.
If you'd like to apply this system to your business, but don't have the time or inclination to complete all the steps yourself then we can help.
Contact www.anyware.co.nz for professional web design and search engine marketing services in Wellington, New Zealand.
Free content for your web site, see: Search Engine Optimisation Article
Free Content For Your Web Site or E-zine!
You now have permission to reprint "Anyware Insights" newsletter articles on your web site or in your e-zine, provided you leave the entire article intact including the "About the Author" notice.
You have permission to change any links within the article body to link to your own web site but you must leave the "About the Author" section unchanged.
You must also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your e-mail address
- The web site URL and/or publication where the article(s) will appear
- The issue number(s) of the article(s) you wish to reprint
- Confirm that you will meet the TWO requirements listed above
View HTML source for Article
Back to Articles Page