Running a Training Session with VNC
The VNC (Virtual Network Computing) software allows your trainer to watch what you do on your computer while talking you through it on the phone.
You run the VNC server your computer, and the trainer runs a VNC client. The client talks to the server and allows the trainer to take over your computer or watch what you do.
Trainee - Run VNC
- Download VNC.
- Install the application with the default options, but make sure the server does not start with Windows.
- From the windows start menu run: RealVNC | VNC Server 4 (User-Mode) | Configure User-Mode Settings
- On the Authentication tab, tick "Prompt local user to accept incoming connections"
- Click the "Set Password" button, enter a password and write it down.
- On the connections tab, untick "Serve Java viewer via HTTP on port:"
- On the Desktop tab, tick the 3 boxes under "While connected"
If you are the trainee, run the VNC server, as follows:
Trainer - Run VNC
- From the Windows start menu run: RealVNC > VNC Server 4 (User-Mode) > Run VNC Server
The VNC icon appears in the Windows tray.
- Double click the file "Discover IP Address.bat" (Download Discover IP address )
Note that your IP Address will be different every time you connect to the internet.
- Read the "IP Address" and give it to the trainer
- The trainer will guide you through the training session.
Important: close VNC server as soon as you complete the training session so hackers cannot break into your computer!
- Right click the VNC icon in the windows tray and select "Close VNC Server"
If you are the trainer, run the VNC client, as follows:
- From the Windows start menu run: RealVNC\VNC Viewer 4 | Run VNC Viewer
- Enter the trainee's IP Address
- Click the Options button. If you want speed, set the colour level to "Low". If you need a clear picture set it higher.
- Click OK & OK
- Enter the password and click OK.
Web Stats Report |
Get What You Need |
Why Transfer My Domain Name
Screen Dump |
Useful Tools and Resources